NMAT (NMIMS Management Aptitude Test) is an online management test organized by Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) on behalf of Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies.
How to Crack NMAT (NMAT Exam Preparation)
In this article let us see the tips and strategies to be followed to clear the exam and crack NMAT Cut Off within one-month time. Below are some points to keep in mind for NMAT preparation:
- Refer good study materials properly.
- Attempt sufficientnumber of mock tests online to boost the chances of reaching NMAT Cut Off.
- No negative marking system is presentin NMAT test,so you have the freedom of attending all the questions.
- Level of difficulty is comparatively lesser than CAT exam, but this exam also needs your full concentration and smart work.
- You have to spend at least 4 hours preparing for NMAT to crack the minimum NMAT Cut Off.
List of Universities Accepting NMAT Score
NMAT score is accepted for admission in several management studies courses conducted by the below top business schools in India.
- SVKM’s NarseeMonjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS).
- Xavier University
- ICFAI Business School (IBS)
- MISB Bocconi
- Alliance University
- Thapar School of Management
- Amity University
- SRM University
- Shiv Nadar University
- Woxsen School of Business Management
- University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES)
- VIT University
- BML Munjal University
- ITM Business School
- Mody University
- Hyderabad Business School
- GITAM School of International Business
Know About NMAT Exam Pattern
Before jumping into the pool of preparation, it is must to know about the exam pattern. The important instructions regarding NMAT exam pattern are given below:
- NMAT is conducted for Two hoursfor a total marks of 360 andbased on multiple choice questions.
- Candidates don’t have an option of returning to a section after leaving it.
- Time allotted to a particular section cannot be carried forward to another section.
- Aspirants need to complete the questions in each of the section within the time allocated for the particular section.
- Candidates can review their answers at the end of each section.
- Candidates have the option of selecting their section order.
Below table depicts the exam pattern of NMAT exam –
|Sections||Time Allotted||No. of Questions|
|Language Skills||22 minutes||32|
|Quantitative Skills||60 minutes||48|
|Logical Reasoning||38 minutes||40|
|Total||120 min.(2 hours)||120 Questions|
Below table shows the previous year NMAT Cut Off, based on which a prediction can be made on the expected cut off for this year. This year the minimum cut off may be expected around 210+ marks.
|Sections||Total Marks||Sectional Cut Off|
How to Prepare for NMAT?
Candidates are requested to follow the below tips to excel in NMAT exam and reach their goal of getting admission in the management degree courses conducted by Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS).
- Devise your own teststrategy and plan accordingly.
- For example, if you are strong in Logical Reasoning, then try to attend this section first, since you have the option to choose the section order.
- Doing so will boost your confidence level in the exam to score well.
- For preparing Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Skills,refer the books given in “NMAT Exam Books” section of this article.
- For preparing Language Skills section, you may refer the “High School Grammar& Composition” book by Wren & Martin.
- Always study with proper study material for each section.
- Practice very well all the logical questionswhich include data sufficiency, analytical and syllogism type questions.
- Since the difficulty level of this exam is moderate, you have to plan and practice the questions accordingly by using the previous year solved question papers.
- Preparing based on the past years question papers will give you a clear ides of the type of questions that are to be expected in the current exam paper.
- You have to be very familiar with the exam pattern and types of questions likely to be asked in NMAT exam, this familiarity in concepts gives you the confidence of clearing the test.
- Candidates are allowed to attend this test for a maximum of 3 times in a given admission cycle and the best score obtained will be taken into account for the admissions.
- Hence NMAT gives a second and even a third opportunity for aspirants to re-perform and grab their seats in their dream Management institutes.
Important Preparation Tools for NMAT Exam
Below explained are the exam preparation tools that will surely enhance the scoring capability of aspirants aiming to crack NMAT Cut Off.
- Aspirants can make use of NMATPreparation, an online mock test tool devised by GMAC.
- NMATPrepis a paid online exam practice tool with a cost of INR 499 plus tax and it allows you one time to practice the mock exam free of cost.
- NMATPrep gives you a real time hands-on practice in the exact NMAT exam structure with similar pattern and type of questions.
- GMAC has officially released a study material, which acts as a Guiding book for NMAT aspirants to help them achieve their targetedNMAT Cut Off.
- The price of this Official Guide for NMAT by GMAC is INR 899.
- This Official Guide contains the detailed information on exam pattern, previous year’s questions with answers and proper guidelines and tips to break through NMAT exam.
- This book also guides through a section-wise approach for NMAT preparation.
Best Preparation Books for NMAT
The below table showcases the study materials that aptly suits for aspirants preparing for NMAT.
Author / Publisher
|1||Entire Syllabus||The Official Guide for NMAT by GMAC Review 2017||GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council)||9788126567225|
|2||Quantitative Skills||Quantitative Aptitude||Author: Dr. R. S. Aggarwal.|
Publisher: S. Chand & Company Ltd.
|3||Logical Reasoning||A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||Author: Dr. R. S. Aggarwal. |
Publisher: S. Chand & Company Ltd.