Tired of playing Candy Crush and Pokémon Go? Want to be challenged by an actual person? There is a world of fantasy and adventure out there, it is online, and it allows you to play with anyone and every around the world.
First person games get lonely, and sometimes these games are predictable and repetitive. To understand more of the gaming frenzy, we had to talk to experts, or in other words, Gamers. When asked about Multiplayer games, a gamer describes that playing a game is almost similar to reading a book or watching a movie. It is fathomable given that multiple players are involved, and they are all influencing the game somehow, and the results are realistically unpredictable. These games also follow a theme or a storyline and of course with every move a story unfolds just like reading a book.
Multiplayer Online Games and Massively Multiplayer Online Games:
MOG, Multiplayer Online Games slightly vary from MMO (Massively Multi-Player Online Games), Massively Multiplayer online games have dedicated servers around the globe which aids the game to run continuously and has a persistent state world (a virtual world which exists and evolves internally even when there are no users communicating or interacting with it). Multiplayer Online Games Console Admin Command depend on listening to servers and need an internet connection and a host player to support the game.
MMO Games has settings for hundreds of players whereas MOG allows a limited number of players to participate at one time, in a given environment or an arena usually to achieve individual targets within a period.
Gaming groups, clan names, protocols and rules are displayed when a player first logs in which amps up the engrossing quality of the game. It is part of the registration process. It creates a sense of belonging and an urge to defend or fight mimicking real life actions. Teammates and opponents are usually selected at random if you prefer to play with strangers rather than friends.
Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality in Gaming:
More and more games are being developed for multiple players where users can interact with the AR and VR world by physically moving and targeting tangible objects. Augmented reality is when virtual elements seem to materialise in the real world using displaying them on the screen whereas the virtual reality is a computer generated a simulation.
Popular augmented reality games include Google’s Ingress. Here, players go around the physical world and take over another player’s portals. There are other options such as Run an Empire, Parallel Kingdom, Temple Treasure Hunt Game and Basket AR (sports related), these games and free to download and play.
New VR games up for downloads are:-
- Keep Talking, and Nobody Explodes
- Raw Data
- Elite Dangerous
- Driveclub VR
- Pool Nation VR
- Rec Room
- Hover Junkers
- Internet connection with a speed of at least 256kbps, this heavily depends on the type of game.
- If it is a VR game then a VR headset which is a goggle-like gadget in necessary. e.g. Google CardBoard. A high-end headset like HTC Vive and Oculus Rift are also available for VR games.
- Good quality headphones (this is essential for VR games but not compulsory for other)
- The wide variety of the accessories from hand controller, treadmills, sensor controlled steering to motion sensing devices is available depending on the game.
- Powerful PC is required for any online game which does not require a gaming console.
Other moderately cheaper versions of headsets include:-
- Sony PlaystationVR, this requires a Playstation camera
- Samsung Gear VR, this requires a Samsung Smartphone or a Samsung Tablet.
- Google CardBorad, this too requires a smartphone, and unlike the one mentioned above, it is supported in ios and many Android phones.
Apart from PC games, there are also multiplayer gaming consoles available. The following are front running multiplayer games for gaming consoles.
- Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
- Diablo 3 (Xbox One, PS4)
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox One)
- Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (Xbox One, PS4)
- All the Sports Games (Wii U, Xbox One, PS4)
- Rocket League (Xbox One, PS4)
- Minecraft (Wii U, Xbox One, PS4)
- Rare Replay (Xbox One)
After almost everything went online, phone gaming has evolved and has become more casual. Game developers call it Casual Gaming. A user can start a game, pause and pick it up later. MMO Games are rather complicated to be on a mobile, and thus there are other games to fill a person’s void. The time we addressed the elephant in the room, of course, we are talking about the famous Mini Militia on mobile. One user hosts the game, and the others join it. Of course, a Wi-Fi connection or the internet is necessary.
Other famous games on mobile you can try out are
- Real Racing 3
- Critical Ops
- Modern Combat
Overwhelming selection of games is available online and why not if it is found to make you better at multitasking and decision making?